Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Tolix Chair


 I've fallen in love with the Tolix chair.  I've seen it time and again appear on design blogs, and decided that my new kitchen table would most definitely need to be surrounded by them.  [I'm in the process of transforming our old playroom into a dining nook (it's original purpose...more to come on that makeover!)]  I really want to have industrial style chairs, paired with a more rustic table (see images above). 

Here are some options I came across:

Pottery Barn -- $245 each


Espacio -- 550 euros for two (check out the other chairs on their site -- AMAZING!)


DWR -- $525 each (this is the armchair version of the Tolix)



Home Decorators -- $99 each


Overstock.com -- $195 for a set of four with $2 shipping!!

How could I say no to the Overstock option?  I ordered them last week, and they arrived two days later.  I love them.  They are very sturdy and heavy, and they look awesome.  I love you Overstock!

Now, off to find the perfect table.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have pics of your overstock chairs? I just ordered them in white but would love to see how they look in other spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found some great repro vintage ones on http://www.cultfurniture.com

    Have them in a range of colours as well and pretty cheap too.

    ReplyDelete