Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Morning


This morning we made our traditional puff oven pancakes with the ever delightful Magleby's Fresh syrup. Magleby's is a little restaurant in Utah that I used to frequent while going to college there (I'll bet Lynsee has been there too). I still try to drop by for breakfast whenever I am in the area. The syrup is to die for, and this is the closest imitation I can find.
This breakfast is VERY easy to make, and very delicious (in my opinion), which is probably why I love it so much.
Puff Oven Pancakes
4 TBS butter
4 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Place a casserole dish (I use a 9 by 13) with the butter in it in the oven to melt while it preheats.
Meanwhile, beat the eggs slightly and stir in the flour and milk. It will be lumpy. When the oven is preheated, pour the mixture into the casserole dish, right on top of the butter (no mixing necessary). Bake for 20 minutes.
Magleby's Syrup
1 cube butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 TBS vanilla
1 TBS corn syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda
Bring first five ingredients to a boil. Add baking soda. Boil for 10 seconds, then remove from heat immediately.

2 comments:

  1. I have a recipe for that syrup too...except you boil everything and add the vanilla last and I don't think mine involves baking soda. It is the best syrup I've ever had though!

    ReplyDelete