Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Potty Training

Toilet Training in Less Than a Day, A Tested Method for Teaching Your Child Quickly &Happily! - 1989 publication 
I swear by this book. 
I have now successfully potty trained all three of my children using this method.  The book indicates that typically, if you follow the strict regime described, it should take about 4 hours to potty train your toddler.  A child is considered trained when they can walk to the toilet without being asked and complete the entire process by themselves.  Of course there is maintenance to be performed after that.  With my twins, it took about 6 hours.  With my daughter, who I trained last Friday, it took about 2 hours.  It was amazing.  I have had multiple friends recommend this method to me -- one of my friends was even trained this way herself, and has now seen success using it for her 4 girls.  

It's definitely not for everyone.  It is very intense, strict and rule based.  It's perfect for me because I really like things that are cut and dry. It's also really dated, which you will notice right away.  If not, the references to Captain Kangaroo will give it away.  :)  

I wanted to pass along this little treasure to anyone who may be looking for a good way to train their little ones.  (It works best if you haven't tried any other methods yet.)  No matter how you do it, good luck!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow we are about to start training I will have to check into it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Thanks, I love tried and true books. I was just thinking the other day that I need to find a potty book. So not looking forward to that training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous..... hoping to give it a try again after the baby comes!

    ReplyDelete