Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions

I must say, our family ended 2010 on a great note!  We had a very special event on December 31st for my 8 year old, which included many family members.  It was so nice to end the year with so much joy!  I did have one negative at about 11 o'clock pm when I lost a game we were playing and had to go knock on the neighbors door.  I had to ask them if they'd seen my crazy sister, while my sister-in-law ran by making all sorts of noises.  That is the last time I give in to peer pressure and play a game with my husband's brothers!  I knew I'd lose.  Really, what was I thinking?

Now, for 2011.  I have decided to only have one resolution this year.  That is, to take a picture a day and complete my Project Life.  This may seem easy, but I've already missed a day and it's the 3rd of January!  Anyway, there is a reason I'm not making any more resolutions this year.  I'm the type of person that when I set a goal, I must complete that goal perfectly.  If I fail in any sort of way one day, I completely give up and my resolution for the year is done after only a few weeks.  After missing a picture on day 1 of Project Life I almost put everything on hold until next year, but then I took a moment and realized I was being insane.  So, for this year I will be making weekly goals.  That way if I fail, I've only failed on a weekly goal and not a yearly goal.  I can start right back up the following week!  We'll see if it works!

How about you?  Do you have any goals you have set for 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment