Oh how I love the Christmas season! This year, since my children were 4, 4, and 2, I felt like it was more magical than ever before. They were spoiled by grandparents and aunts/uncles beyond measure, and are having a blast playing with all of their loot.
Today I will go to Target and cash in on some clearance Christmas deals for next year, and work on cleaning up and putting away all the decorations. I did want to share with you a taste of our Christmas this year. Here's a list of my top 10 Christmas traditions (in no particular order):
1. Riding the Polar Express Train to the North Pole (a.k.a. Williams, Arizona)
2. Making Gingerbread Houses/Trains
3. Seeing the Christmas Lights at Temple Square/Eating at Organ Stop Pizza
4. Reenacting the Nativity Story
5. Christmas Pajamas on Christmas Eve
6. Playing the Chimes
8. Lighting our German Christmas Pyramid on Christmas Eve
9. Advent calendars! This year we had two. One chocolate calendar from the grocery store (we've been using that one since I can remember!), and one "Santa House". The kids would open one door of Santa's house each day to reveal a fun activity for us to do. We also make paper chains. Does that count as an advent? Next year I plan to make a felt tree to decorate!
10. Playing in the snow. This takes some effort for us Arizona folk. We actually have to travel a distance to find it!
What are some of your favorite traditions?
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Hope yours was wonderful!