Thursday, September 9, 2010

A few little bits of happiness

Hello lovely readers! It's good to be home. (I just returned from a tour of Holland/Belgium/ France and Germany.) Aside from the awful jet lag, everything is just perfect. I have so many things to share, but for now, here are a few thoughts from my recent trip:

1: So grateful for the Tom's shoes. Aside from the hus, they were my favorite travel companion. Didn't hurt one bit.2: My love for macarons has grown 12-fold. Over the course of just a few days, I easily devoured 12 of these little beauties. Keep in mind that each little cookie cost about $2. A small price to pay for a slice of heaven. (Today I ordered a cookbook especially for macarons -- I am totally going to master the art of the divine cookie. STAY TUNED.)3: I love art. The Musee D'Orsay still reigns as my favorite museum of all time. And Vermeer still reigns as one of my favorite artists. Got to love The Lace Maker.
4: Jumping pictures are the perfect way to spice up any collection of travel photos. Especially if they include the best bus driver around. Love you Frankie!5: Germany is hands down the most beautiful/wonderful country I have ever seen. Flower boxes in every window? Check. Adorable little wooden and stone houses? Check. Castles everywhere? Check. Insanely gorgeous mountains in every direction? Check. Green pastures spotted with white cows and darling goats? Check. Christmas shops so full of cheer you have to stop what you are doing and hug your sister in law because you feel so much joy? Check.
A post revealing the chiffon project is coming soon. I just need to face the task of sorting the 5o pictures I took of the process. It took me 4 different tries to make it turn out!

1 comment:

  1. allisandria tried to take some of my chocolate...I slapped her hand...does that make it bad?

    ReplyDelete